Mudhi ghanta is an odia food which is extremely famous in odisha. This is a recipe in which the fish head is cooked with bengal gram (chana dal) and other special vegetables. Mudhi ghanta is also known as fish head and chickpea curry. You can eat this food item with rice or roti. Mainly this item is prepare in marriage party at the most of the places of odisha.
As odisha is a coastal eastern state of india and has many rivers, it has access to the best and freshest seas and fresh water harvests. In odisha you get lots of fish dishes and fish dishes along with lentils and vegetables.
Get 3 headed marinated fish.
1 cup bengal gram(chanadal) shoked in hot water for 1 hour.
Chopped green 🌶
Grated Ginger-1 tablespoons
Chopped one tomato
Coriander powder -1 teaspoon
Cumin powder -1 teaspoon
Take 1 teaspoon fish curry powder
1/2 teaspoon kasmira red chilli powder
1/2teaspoon garam masala powder
1/3teaspoon turmeric powder
According to salt of taste
2 tablespoon mustard oil.
- First boil the soaked bengal gram (chana dal), chopped patato & turmeric powder
- fry the Marinoid fish head in a low medium flame in the oil(both side). Mash them into small pieces.
- heat the oil in the pan. Cook until sliced onions, green chillies, bay leaf and translucent.
- add ginger, garlic, tamato, salt and red chili powder. Simmer on low heat till the tamato softness oil separates and melts.
- mash the fish head and the contents of the remaining dry seasoning (excerpted garam masala) cook over low heat for 3 minutes
- Stir the boiled chickpeas and potatoes together with the fish head masala and cook in low heat for 5 minutes. – turn off the gas and add the garam masala.mix thoroughly.
- This traditional recipe in odisha is now ready to serve .