This is one of famous prasad of Lord Jagannath chhapan bhog, in odisha puri temple, its taste was heavenly, it’s very crisp, not too sweet, and u can even store it.
PURPOSE FLOUR, BUTTER, SALT, SUGAR, WATER, GREEN CARDAMOM POWDER, RICE FLOUR,OIL(FOR FRYING)
- Mix thoroughly with flour, 4 tablespoons of ghee, salt in a cup for cooking. Add cold water to make the smooth but stiff dough. Cover the dough and let it sit for at least 15 to 20 minutes.
- To make a smooth paste, mix 3 tablespoons of ghee and rice flour. Put it aside.
- Meanwhile, add sugar and water to a pan and prepare the syrup. Cook until it reaches a boil and it is still sticky. We need 1 string stability. Add the cardamom powder. Add a slice of lemon to this syrup, avoiding the crystallization of sugar. Turn off heat. Cover the syrup to keep it warm.
- Divide the flour into equal portions. Take a ball and round it with a ball. Stick to all the balls. Do not roll too thin.
- Make the dough about 1mm thick, roll the vine into a rented or square bun.
- Paste the above paste on the bun evenly.
- Now take the roti the vine in the roll
- Cut the log into 1 inch pieces and prepare it for 4 to 5 inches long pheni or khaja
- Heat oil in a pan and 2 to 3 pheni or khaja fry at a time.
- Bring to a simmer very low. In this process,pheni or khaja will also recover from the side.
- Put aside from oil. Now pour the food into the syrup and place it on a colander.
- For soft pheni you can soak the syrup.
- Store the khaja in an airtight container by cooling.